Looking for the best chocolate brownie cookie ever? Then you've found them! Crackly, crisp cookie outsides and gooey, fudgy brownie insides, these amazing chocolate brownie cookies are the ultimate recipe!
With all the healthiness that has been coming out of the Crumbs and Corkscrews kitchen recently, I thought it was probably about time that we added a little sweetness back into the mix, and there had to be chocolate too. It's a given really, sweet treats and chocolate; you can't go wrong! So as Ian and I are 'trying' to be a little healthier, I decided that as I was the New Girl at work that I would inflict my baking on my lovely colleagues and not give in to my sweet tooth craving.
My first week in the new job was a whirlwind, the manic but exciting time of getting to know everyone, going through the business, processes, waiting for the first email to land in my inbox, finding the loos and importantly knowing where the kettle is. So at the end of my first week when I decided to have a little baking session, I was shattered and not really up for creating something overly extravagant, but I knew I just wanted to bake.
As usual there's normally something lurking in the fridge that I wanted to use up; this time it was some egg whites. I had planned to whip them up into some slightly more Weight Watcher friendly meringues. But as much as I love those little pillows of fluffy meringue, it was chocolate that won the day.
Full measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page
Let's be honest, you can't beat a good chewy cookie, and a rich fudge brownie is certainly a winner; so combining the two must surely mean it's Brucie Bonus time in the kitchen. If that doesn't convince you that a brownie/cookie crossbreed isn't the perfect cookie, I don't know what else will...
Well actually, yes I do! How about, these are so quick to make, that you can whip a batch up within 30 minutes; and yes that includes baking them. Come on, think warm rich chocolate brownie cookies with a creamy vanilla ice cream, maybe a little chocolate fudge sauce drizzled over the top. Tempted? Ok there may be some washing up involved, but then there's always washing up, then even when you think you've got everything, there's one stray teaspoon languishing on the work surface. But in the age of the dishwasher; fill it whilst the cookies are in the oven, close the door, forget it even exists then indulge in some freshly baked goodies. Not enough to tempt you...
Seriously, I thought I've have hooked you by now and you'd be on the way to the kitchen. So, how about that these cookies and chewy, fudgy, rich and light all at once. They're not too rich that one is more than enough; the whisked egg whites give them a light and airy texture and they have just the right amount of chocolately goodness, that you'll just keep going back for 'just one more...' or maybe even 7 like someone I know. And for the record, it wasn't me; only one of these beauties passed my lips. One! Yes, one I tell you!
Come on, Ladies and Gents, surely you must be day-dreaming of a rich, warm chocolate brownie cookie by now, fresh out the oven, a gentle crutch, a little squidgy inside, melty chocolate chunks...
Yes? Then you're ready for the recipe!
Best ever chocolate brownie cookies top tips for perfection
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide your cookie dough into equal batches each and every time - this is my most favourite baking hack ever!
- I like to use a good quality parchment paper and always have a roll on hand for baking sessions, with these cookies it will help give you that perfect cookie base.
- To keep the cookie base crispy make sure you cool them on a wire rack as soon as you get them out of the oven, to make sure they don't go soggy
- And finally, if you want to take them up a notch, why not sandwich them together with a peppermint buttercream for a truly indulgent treat
Save this for later! Pin Chocolate Brownie Cookies to your favourite Pinterest board
Have you made this recipe?
I'd love to hear what you think, so please post a comment and star rating below. You can also share a picture on Instagram, don't forget to tag me @crumbscorkscrews!
Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C (fan).
- Line two large baking trays with baking parchment.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a small heatproof bowl, place over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure that the bowl does not touch the water. Heat until all the butter and chocolate has melted. Alternatively melt in the microwave.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix together and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, add the caster sugar, egg whites and espresso coffee. Beat together, until the egg whites are stiff and fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter to the egg white mixture, and gently fold together.
- Add the chocolate and egg white mixture to the mixing bowl with the flour and cocoa powder, and gently mix together. Be careful not to over beat the mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a tablespoon, place dollops of the mixture onto the baking tray. Make sure the mixture dollops are spaced well apart to allow them to spread when they are baking.
- Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven to cool on a wire rack, then try not to eat them all at once.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.
Copyright © 2021 Crumbs and Corkscrews. Unauthorised use and/ or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site's author and/ or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Crumbs and Corkscrews with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.